Monday, June 15, 2009

So THIS is why people love Taiwan so much...


So it's been 2 days since i've been in Taiwan. And I've already had so many fun & exciting adventures.

First of all, let me just say that i am sooo lucky/thankful to be staying with the Wong's my first 3 weeks in Taiwan. They have the sweetest apartment and are soooo good to me. They buy me towels and bedsheets and nice umbrellas and they helped me get a cellphone and when i fight to pay them back they throw my money back in my face. Too much spoilage man, i can't take it!! I need to get a job STAT so i can spoil them back =). And Austin (their oldest son) gave up his bed for me. What the crap!! Why is this family so good to me?! I love them : ).

So Taiwan is pretty amazing. I feel so much more relaxed here, and I love how everything is super close, convenient, and cheap. you can take buses/cabs/the metro to get anywhere you want quickly and easily and for little to no money at all! And basically, food and shopping here is awesome. Life is great =). oh! and did i mention that food here is amazing? especially local food. i had this delicious meat-on-a-stick the other day near ShiDa's yieshi and this oyster omelette thing i forgot to take a picture of cuz it was devoured so fast.

But yeahhhh, some highlights so far!

-reuniting with the tai tai and doing awesome things like bargaining at night markets and eating delicious food
-meeting up with B Chen for bubble tea, lakeside chats, and late night adventures
-being with this awesome family in this awesome house
-Feeling how natural it is being here





No comments:

Post a Comment